Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Carter Lane West - 12 Years Old


My oldest child, Carter Lane West, turns 12 today.  He’s an amazing kid, who loves Jesus, Minecraft, and reading.  So, in honor of his birthday, I thought I’d try something.  Below is a list of books/series that Carter has already read, in basically the order that he thinks are his favorites.  My request, as a gift for him, is for you to let me know in the comments of any other books that you think a 12-year old boy (with the below list) would also enjoy.  I’ll add my own in the comments that we already have on the shelf, ready for the new year.

 

1.       Lord of the Rings (& The Hobbit) – Tolkien

2.       Percy Jackson Series – Riordan

3.       The Hunger Games – Collins

4.       Kane Chronicles – Riordan

5.       Harry Potter – Rowland

6.       The Chronicles of Narnia – Lewis

7.       Treasure Island – Stevenson

8.       Three Musketeers – Dumas

9.       100 Cupboards Series – N.D. Wilson

10.   Wrinkle in Time Series – L’engle

11.   Wingfeather Saga – Peterson (waiting on the last book now)

12.   The Book of the Dun Cow (& The Book of Sorrows) – Wangerin

13.   Gregor Series – Collins

14.   Chronicles of Prydain – Alexander

15.   Wilderking Trilogy – Rodgers (+ The Charlatan’s Boy)

16.   Ender’s Game – Card

17.   Various Sports Novels – Matt Christopher

 

OK, your turn.  Tell me what else I can get this avid reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment